Few Tips on Cleaning the Attic
Many people almost forget that they have an attic until it is time to put something away in it. But filling it with useless stuff becomes a problem after a while and you’ll have to decide on how to clean the whole place.
A lot of housekeepers turn to professionals from a cleaning agency London but if you want to try it yourself, here are some tips.
1. First thing is to prepare yourself before you start the actual cleaning. Put some boxes near the attic stairs so you can sort the needed items from the useless ones. You can name the boxes according to your plans (for example if you want to sell some of them, you can name the box “for sale” and etc.).
2. Climb up the attic and move the items so you have enough space to clean with the vacuum cleaner. Start the moving with the least heavy ones that take a lot of space. Like empty boxes, fans or stuffed animals. After you have a cleaning spot vacuum and dust off, then move the items back and do the same with the other items.
3. Sorting is very important there is a lot of stuff that you don’t need any more and just gathers dust. Check all the boxes for their content and if there is anything that you don’t need (and is unbreakable) toss it down the stairs near the boxes you’ve prepared.
4. If you have carpets or window curtains and you don’t want to throw them away it is best that you take them outside and beat out the dust from them. This may seem like a hard task but these kind of items gather dust very easy and dust can be e feeding ground for a lot of insects.
5. If you spot mold in your attic then you have a real problem. Check if there is a source of moisture somewhere and throw it away or dry it. There is a recipe with natural products for mold removal. Just fill a spray bottle with white undiluted distilled vinegar and spray the affected area. You can also spray around windows and doorsteps to discourage ants.
These were some of the tips that can help you clean your attic but if you don’t have the time just call a cleaning company London.
Got anything to say? Go ahead and leave a comment!
You must be logged in to post a comment.